Virtual Primary Care makes accessing care easy, so you're able to get care when needed and pursue your best health. You can select a Virtual Primary Care provider (V‑PCP) to manage your care or opt to see the first available provider. When in‑person care is needed, you'll be guided to a care team or the right location to receive care.
See a V-PCP for:
- Diagnosis and management of chronic conditions.
- Simple, everyday care needs.
- Preventive care to aid your long-term health.
- Prescription orders and refills, including birth control.
- Medication management and adjustments.
- Test needs, including lab and radiology, at the site closest to you.
- Referrals to specialists, as needed.
- Easy communication using MyChart to instantly message your V‑PCP and monitor your healthcare journey.
Virtual Primary Care cannot be used for:
- Prescribing controlled substances.
- Prescribing weight loss medication.
- Evaluation and management of severe, uncontrolled conditions. Specialists will be engaged.
- Pneumonia with fever/cough/tachycardia, unexplained fever or mild abdominal pain, and male genitourinary symptoms. Urgent Care is recommended.
- Serious and severe conditions, such as stroke symptoms, severe abdominal pain/back pain/headache, uncontrolled vomiting, kidney stones, major cuts, suicidal thoughts, and sudden change in mental state. Emergency Care is recommended.
What to Expect
We want to make getting care simple and easy.
- You will be prompted to log into MyChart. You must create a MyChart account if you do not already have one.
- Within MyChart, select "Video Appointment" as your reason for the visit. You will be able to search and select appointment options and test your smart phone or other device.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will be emailed an appointment confirmation and instructions.
- You must complete eCheck-In before your appointment to enable the Join Video link.
- You will receive appointment reminders about your upcoming visit. A few minutes before your appointment, log into MyChart and find your appointment. Select the Join Video link. Joining the video places you in a virtual waiting room. Wait for your provider to enter.
- Your After Visit Summary will be available in MyChart following your appointment.
Virtual Primary Care uses Presbyterian Medical Group care team members.
Types of Conditions Treated
Charges related to telehealth services are determined by your insurance plan. Please check with your health insurer if you have any questions.
Presbyterian Virtual Primary Care accepts most major insurance. If you have questions about coverage, payment plans, or financial assistance, please contact your insurance provider.